To ensure the safety of drivers and easy flow of traffic the Traffic Rules in India were implemented in the year 1889. But still, people of India failed to learn basic traffic rules. Whereas, people like to be stubborn while following the traffic rules and would like to make their own while on roads. This is the main reason with the compromise of the safety of fellow riders.
The stubborn attitude and irresponsible behavior of any driver are never been appreciated so we just need to learn some basic traffic rules just to ensure our safety first then for the safety of fellow riders as well. Every life is important for the growth of the country, so we need to be little responsible. Not only this, many of the drivers are of underage, many don’t have proper all documents of the vehicle. All these come under the Traffic Rules.
The Traffic Police is also responsible to make the flow of traffic properly, but there are many hurried drivers who neglect all these indications and jump the traffic signals. It is very easy to say that, yes I know the traffic rules, but the question is, do you really follow those rules while driving? We all have learned these things in school, as it is a must and basic education for all. Still, we used to ignore all these rules, as the chaos increases with each passing day and the number of vehicles is increasing rapidly over the road.
These traffic rules are for our safety, so just follow the rules on road. Some basic traffic rules are:
1. Always try to be at the left side of the road, and allow the vehicles of the opposite direction to pass on easily and avoid the bottleneck situation to arise on road.
2. Always use Indicators while turning Left or Right direction, so that the drivers behind you can get to know about and make their speed slow to allow the flow of traffic easily.
3. Overtake any vehicle with proper precautions and precisions, instead of being in a hurry. Try to give the person a proper space to overtake you and don’t raise your vehicle sped in retaliation. This can cause an accident.
4. Always follow traffic lights and the indication of traffic police, as it is in favor of our safety. And in any situation always give way to emergency vehicles like Fire Brigade, Ambulance, and Police Vehicles.
5. Don’t drive over footpaths, as you may result to harm the people who are walking. Always slow or stop your vehicle before passing the Zebra Crossing.
6. To avoid the inconvenience to other drivers, try to follow the traffic signs properly and maintain a proper distance between the vehicles which is ahead of you.
7. Most important, don’t be an impatient driver and irresponsible honker. The unnecessary blow of horn not only irritates the fellow drivers, whereas, the areas near Schools, Hospitals, or marked as ‘No Horn Zone’ is a very bad attitude. Try to follow these rules.
Disobeying of rules also causes the drivers to pay a fine of money and sometimes may land into imprisonment as well. So, just try to follow the rules to help yourself and others as well.
As well as, there are many drivers who are unaware of driving rules. So, I would suggest please try to learn the basic rules of being on the road. And let the Traffic Police do their work with ease. But another question arises here is, do these traffic police are aware of correct and updated traffic rules and penalties over driver?