Upcoming SUV Cars in India 2023
Playing text to speech
India is a rapidly developing economy and it's no surprise that the automotive industry is booming. With more than 1.3 billion people living in India, the demand for cars is increasing every day. SUV cars are gaining popularity due to their ability to take on any terrain, making them perfect for Indian roads and conditions. As SUV car buyers are looking for more features, manufacturers are constantly coming up with new and innovative models. In this blog post, we'll explore some of the upcoming SUV cars in India 2023 and what they have to offer.
Hyundai Kona Electric
- Although Hyundai describes the Kona Electric as 'India's first electric SUV,' the model has a look more akin to a raised hatchback than an aggressive SUV. Nonetheless, Hyundai has used modern details and cladding to good effect in the Kona Electric's design.
- Although the interior is not revolutionary, the dashboard is well-organized and provides all necessary information via the large touchscreen and digital dials in the center. Although there are a few hard plastics inside, the quality of the material is generally good.
- The Kona Electric is well-equipped with quite a few features by Hyundai. The driver's seat is powered, the front seats are heated and ventilated, there is dual-zone climate control, a sunroof, a wireless phone charger, and an 8.0-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
- The all-electric Kona Electric is an easy transition for customers who are accustomed to cars with combustion engines. The Hyundai is quick, and it actually performs quite well. While there is no noise coming from the engine bay, you will hear some wind noise and tire roar at speed.
- Even though the Kona Electric's suspension isn't as good as that of other cars in the same price range, it handles reasonably well. There are three levels of regenerative braking, and the regen control, which can be used behind the wheel with paddles, can also be used to slow the car down.
Skoda Enyaq 1V
- The second all-electric Skoda to receive the 'RS' performance treatment is the Enyaq iV. In order to boost the electric vehicle's sportiness, it includes changes to the exterior and interior.
- The lowered ride height, illuminated grille, larger 21-inch alloy wheels, and E-shaped gloss black inserts on the bumper are visible exterior modifications. Dual electric motors generate 299 PS and 460 Nm of power for Puissance, which is about 34 PS and 35 Nm more than the standard '80x' variant.
- An 82 kWh battery powers the motors and has a range of more than 500 kilometers. On the inside, sportier additions include sport front seats, a three-spoke steering wheel, and a cabin in black and green. The standard Enyaq iV is being considered for India and is likely to be imported entirely.
Honda Compact SUV
- There will be space for five people in the Honda compact SUV.
- The 1.5-liter gasoline engine found in the Honda City could be included. With either a six-speed manual transmission or an optional seven-step CVT, this machine produces 126 PS and 253 Nm. It could also come with a hybrid configuration similar to the City Hybrid, which has an e-CVT and a 1.5-liter gasoline engine as well as a 0.7kWh battery pack.
- It is anticipated that the compact SUV manufactured by Honda will include ventilated front seats, a large touchscreen display, a semi-digital driver's display, automatic climate control, an electric sunroof, and wireless phone charging.
- It could have up to six airbags, ABS with EBD, a tyre pressure monitoring system (TMPS), a 360-degree camera, and advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) features like lane-keep assist, blind spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control for the protection of the passengers inside.
The Fisker Ocean is a brand-new electric SUV with five seats and two rows. It is the first vehicle produced by Fisker, Inc. (not to be confused with Fisker Automotive), and the interior is designed to be sleek and elegant with an emphasis on environmentally friendly materials. The Ocean provides a high-end experience with a large, rotating infotainment screen, a solar roof that is available, and numerous advanced safety features. Its driving range makes it easier to find a place to charge it, and its price is surprising low. However, more established automakers are becoming increasingly competitive in the market.
The Skoda Kodiaq is an upcoming SUV that is set to be launched in India in the near future. The car is based on the Volkswagen Group's MQB platform and will be available in both petrol and diesel variants. It will come with a host of features including an 8-speed automatic transmission, all-wheel drive, and 7 seats. The petrol version of the car is expected to be priced at around Rs. 30 lakhs, while the diesel variant is expected to be priced slightly higher.
The SUV market in India is projected to grow rapidly over the next few years. With a plethora of upcoming models from various automakers, there will be plenty of options available for prospective buyers. From electric vehicles to advanced infotainment systems and more, these new cars are sure to make driving easier and more comfortable than ever before. With so many great offerings about to hit the roads in 2023, it's clear that the Indian SUV market is set for an exciting year ahead!