In the new guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Wednesday, more activities have been exempted in areas outside the Containment Zone. In Unlock 5, which came into effect from 1 October, the process of phased re-opening of activities has been carried forward.
The Home Ministry said in its release, 'On the new Guidelines issued today, the feedback received from the States and Union Territories and the wide-ranging discussion between the Union Ministries and Departments. Are based. Learn everything about the new guidelines here:
Exemption from these activities:
- These activities have been allowed in areas outside the Containment Zone from 15 October 2020.
-Cinema/theater/multiplex will be allowed to open up to 50% of their seating capacity, for which SOP will be issued by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Business to business (ie for businesses) permission to open exhibitions, for which the Department of Commerce will issue SOP.
-Swimming pools being used for training of players will be allowed to open, for which Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MoYA & S).
-Amusement parks and similar places will be allowed to open, for which the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) will issue SOP.
- To reopen schools and coaching institutes, the State / UT Governments have been allowed to take the decision to open them in a graded manner from October 15, 2020 onwards.
-Based on the assessment of the situation, the decision will be taken in consultation with the concerned school/institution management and which will be subject to the following conditions-
- Online and distance education will continue to be the preferred method of teaching and will be encouraged.
-In schools where online classes are being offered, if some students prefer to attend online classes instead of being physically present, they may be allowed to do so.
-Students can go to schools/institutes only with the written consent of parents.
-Attendance should not be strictly enforced and should be entirely dependent on parental consent.
-Rules regarding ceremonies:
-Social / educational / sports/entertainment / cultural/religious/political work and other ceremonies have already been permitted with a cap of 100 persons. However, this is only for areas outside the Containment Zone.
- Now the State / UT Governments are allowed to allow such meetings beyond the limit of 100 persons, outside the Containment Zone from October 15, 2020 onwards, which will have to agree to the following conditions:
-In closed spaces, a maximum of 200 persons will be allowed with or for a maximum of 50% of the hall's capacity. Wearing face masks, maintaining social distance, thermal scanning, and the use of hand wash or sanitizer will be mandatory for them.
- In open spaces, keeping in mind the size/location of the ground, and strict adherence to social distance, it will be mandatory to wear face masks, thermal scanning, and use of hand washes or sanitizers.
-To ensure that such gatherings do not circulate COVID-19, the State / UT Governments will issue detailed SOPs to regulate such meetings and strictly enforce it.
What is not allowed:
-All activities will be allowed outside the Containment Zone, except as below:
-International air travel by passengers except as permitted by MHA.
-Amusement parks and other similar places will remain closed.
-Lockdown will be strictly enforced in the Containment Zone by 31 October 2020.
- For the purpose of effectively deciding the chain of containment zones, the MoHFW guidelines will be demarcated at the district level after taking into account the guidelines. Strict prevention measures will be implemented in these containment zones and only necessary activities will be allowed.
- Strict control will be maintained within the Containment Zone and only necessary activities will be allowed.
- These Containment Zones will be notified on the respective District Collectors website and by the States / UTs and their information will also be shared with the MOHFW.
State not empowered to impose lockdown outside Containment Zone:
-State / UT Governments will not impose any level of local lockdown (State / District / Sub-Division / City / Village at any level) outside the Containment Zone without prior consultation with the Central Government.