Australia has recently announced 5 new visa changes for “Supporting international students to support Australian jobs”, from a July 20 joint media release by Dan Tehan (Minister of Education) and Alan Tudge (Acting Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, migrant services and Multicultural Affairs).
These changes have been announced by the Morrison Government to make sure that Australia remains the favorite destination for the international students even after the aftermath of the coronavirus pandemic. It is stated in a media source that “international students are very important to Australia and their economy as they contribute to $40 billion yearly and supporting 250,000 jobs.” This also helps many become a great Australian citizen.
These five student visa changes have been announced to let know that the international students are not impacted due to the Covid-19 and that Australia will remain competitive with the other countries.
The new changes for student visa holders in Australia are:
1. The Australian government is planning to resume granting student visa in all the locations outside Australia. By the time the borders are re-open, most international students will have their student visas on their hand already and can prepare for their travel arrangements.
2. International students can apply, for free of charge, another student visa application, if they were not able to complete their education within their original visa validity due to the coronavirus outbreak.
3. Student visa holders who are studying online from outside Australia due to the global pandemic will now be able to use the online education count for the Australian study requirement needed to apply for a post-study work permit.
4. Graduates who had a student visa in Australia will still be eligible to apply for post-study work visa while living outside Australia if they are unable to return due to the global pandemic.
5. Additional time will be provided to the applicants for showing their English language scores wherever those services have been interrupted due to the coronavirus outbreak.
All these student visa changes in Australia will give a boost to the international students for preparing for their visa arrangements to be able to study in Australia when situation becomes normal and safe.
Hence, if you are studying or
planning to study in Australia, you always have doors open there to enhance your skills and education in Australia and also start working there post your graduation and reach your dream of becoming an Australian citizen come true in future.