Regular training on your abdominals can effectively increase the strength in your lower back and help to improve posture. If you are prone to injuring your lower back, weak abs could be partially to blame.
By focusing on the areas mentioned below you can accomplish your goal of both looking and feeling healthier and soon begin to see results on your abdominal muscles.
Six Steps To Great Abs
Consult a physician
1. Before beginning any work-out regimen you should contact your physician regarding your plan and whether it is right for your specific physical and dietary needs.
Look at your diet
2. To achieve those sexy and sculpted abs you will probably need to alter your diet to meet your dietary needs but reduce the amount of body fat that you have.
One way that you can help to boost your metabolism is by reducing your intake of foods that are processed and squeezing in between six and eight smaller meals each day rather than three large meals.
Incorporating foods into your diet that help to slim your waistline such as beans and your favorite berries can go a long way shedding unwanted body fat.
Check this video for more on the right foods to eat: Eat foods you want and still lose weight
Find some ab exercises
3. Before you begin your work out regimen it is advisable to do your research and find a plan that suits you and the results you wish to achieve.
You can find a list of abdominal work outs that give the highest quality of results on this site.
Keep in mind that by choosing a routine that incorporates varying abdominal exercises you will be able to target all of the core areas of your abs.
Cardo done properly and in less time
4. For the cardio portion of your workout feel free to get a little creative. Interval training actually helps to burn a higher amount of calories than the traditional cardio workout.
Training your body on an average of 30-45 minutes a few days a week with a higher intensity cardio can be very effective in decreasing body fat as well. Jump roping and shadow boxing can be very effective cardio moves.
Keep your body quessing
5. Try to change up your work out regimen on a regular basis, typically every six or eight weeks.
As your body becomes familiar with a specific work out you will probably find that the results are no longer as effective, so you will most likely find it worthwhile to alter your routine in order to meet the demands of your body.
Concentrate: Stay focused and organized
6. Keep in mind when constructing your new diet and work out plan that you will need to be organized with your impulses in order for this to work out in your favor.
What you eat is going to play a huge role in how well you are able to sculpt your body. It may not be such a bad idea to lay off on the Whopper's.
Do some inventory of your refrigerator as well, removing any items that are unhealthy or no longer as fresh.
Vegetables, fish and fruits are excellent replacements in your diet that you can quite enjoy.
Your Daily Routine
For beginner's who are just looking for a basic abdominal sculpting routine, you can get effective yet limited results with a daily routine of crunches performed in 2 reps of 30 and 2 reps of 30 sit-ups.
Again, this is only a restrictive routine for your abs so if you really want that sexy look of six pack abs you will need a higher intensity work out like the one mentioned here.
As you begin this routine it is recommended to perform your desired regimen for about three weeks with routines performed three to five days per week in order to see results.
Just like the other muscles throughout your body, your abdominals are important and should be treated as such so try to train and sculpt them on a regular basis.
Burn Fat Quicker With Supplements
Even with the best diet and exercise plan we can all use a little help in getting the results we want quicker (no one wants to wait for a better body do they?).
By using the right supplements you can accellerate your progress and get those tighter looking abs sooner.
Right now my current top pick is Oxyelite Pro. It's been proven to not only work very well but without the bad side effects a lot of these other supplments can have.
It's the most popular fat burner on the market right now, check out the review here.